Ready to start capturing at a new site? Now you can create a new project in OpenSpace quickly. Please note that the below instructions work on users with permissions of Site Administrator only:
Create a new project
- Click the blue "Add a Project" button on the top righthand corner of the Projects landing page.
- Name your project, and enter the project site address and GPS coordinates. Note that if you select the project site address via the dropdown, the GPS coordinates will automatically be calculated.
- [Optional] Upload a cover photo of the project. This photo will be displayed as the project tile in OpenSpace web as well as on our mobile app.
- Click "Continue" to start adding floorplans, or click "Save" to save a project as a draft and come back to it later in the Draft section of your Projects landing page.
- Important: For every floor that you would like to capture, OpenSpace requires one drawing to act as a map. The 360 images from your OpenSpace capture will automatically be localized on top of it. We recommend architectural drawings, and it's best if they describe the 'current' state of the building. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Uploading inaccurate drawings (e.g. MEP plans, reflected ceiling plans) will delay your capture processing and potentially cause your 360 images to be located in the wrong place.
What is a "good" floorplan? Architectural or construction plans that represent one floor only. Note that if your architectural plans contain more than one floor, you can use the PDF editor to crop them. The instructions for that are listed below, under "Edit Existing Floorplans."
What is a "bad" floorplan? MEP drawings, CAD renderings, reflected ceiling plans, or any other plan that does not fall under the above parameters. Also since each drawing should be of an individual floor, drawings with multiple floors should be cropped via the PDF editor.
Edit existing floorplans
- Rename your floorplan by doubleclicking on the tile - the name you choose will show up when you take a capture, as well as when you view a capture.
- If your floorplans need to be resized or contain more than one floor, you can do so by clicking the floorplan and clicking "Crop", "Rotate", "Duplicate" or "Delete". Again, each drawing should represent one floor only - so if your sheet has two levels, please crop it.
Publish your project
- Once you're done adding and editing each floor that you plan to capture on, click "Publish". That's it! You're now ready to start capturing.